Jul 29, 2014

El Matador Beach

Leaving Matador Beach was hard. It's one of those places where you take in the sights and wonder, "Is this real life?" It's been a long time since I've been around that kind of landscape (last time was probably Hawaii in 2011), and as much as I love city life, this was a necessary break. From the road level, the beach is totally hidden and it's not until you stand over the edge of a cliff that the sights come into view. It was a beautiful day.










El Matador State Beach
32100 Pacific Coast Hwy
Malibu, CA 90265

18 comments :

  1. Wow, stunning photos. What a gorgeous beach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing beats the cool breeze and smell of the sea...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Straight out of a movie. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great! I love the air-y, blended tones. Did you use VSCO presets for these? I've been playing around with the 02 Film Pack and love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used a variation of the Ektar 100 preset on these! Sometimes I find them heavy-handed but they seemed to work well with beachy shots.

      Delete
  5. this used to be my happy place, back when i lived in la. love the photos you took while there, such a dreamy landscape.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's got to be one of the most beautiful beaches I've seen! Such rugged gorgeousness. Your pictures have framed it perfectly. Makes me dead set on visiting LA someday!

    Tamsin xx | A Certain Adventure

    ReplyDelete
  7. These photos are absolutely stunning! I feel like if I were to try just a little bit harder, I could step right through my computer screen and straight onto the beach itself. With the current temperature outside around 90 degrees, I definitely wouldn't say no to a nice dip in that gorgeous blue-green water! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pictures! I've been to California once, a couple of years ago but didn't get to this beach. The next time I'm there, I'll definitely have to go there:) I love this kind of beaches, the more hidden ones. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Hidden places are the best ones.

    ReplyDelete
  10. your photos are so dreamy! :)

    ReplyDelete